Proudly Eco - Friendly.
At Body & Salt, we are committed to improving our community by investing in environmental initiatives that help make our community a better place to be. We strive to use sustainable practices whenever possible and have a collective goal to move towards a sustainable future.
We have implemented various programs and best practices to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle the waste generated at our facilities, and we partner with amazing sustainable, clean beauty brands and companies.
We want to thank you, our guests, in helping us in our green initiatives. On the completion of your visit, a nominal environmental fee of $3 is added to your total to partially offset the costs incurred in going green. Thank you for caring for our planet as much as we do.
Body & Salt Supports Reducing Our Carbon Footprint For The Last 20 Years.
- Our North Vancouver building uses Urban Impact for Recycling: https://urbanimpact.com
- All of our locations implement proper waste management procedures and this initiative continues to grow, expand and evolve as we go along
- Recycle our Gift Cards
- Paper retail bags, no plastic bags
- Paper Recycling & Paperless Initiatives:
- Quench ~ Eco Friendly water coolers: https://quenchwater.com
- Energy efficient lighting (LED)
- 99% installed in our Langley location
- LED installed in all track lighting and light features in our North Vancouver, Pan Pacific & Body&Salt locations
Our linens are professionally laundered with a local company called Ecotex. Additionally, within the Spa Utopia Group, when our linens can no longer be used in treatments, we donate them to homeless shelters, and animal shelters.
- Since 2007, we’ve cut energy consumption by a third and reduced our fresh water usage by more than 65%. How refreshing is that?
- Ecotex laundry processes minimize environmental impact using technology and industry best practices for reusing, reclaiming and recycling resources.
- For the past eight years Ecotex has implemented state-of-the-art procedures saving over 60 million gallons of water every year. These environmental achievements have earned Ecotex certification as a Clean Green® company by the TRSA.
- At Ecotex we’ve invested in:
- Heat recapture technologies for our boiler and wastewater systems;
- Proprietary water reuse systems; plastics recycling;
- NPE- free detergents;
- Low temperature wash chemistry:
- Process reviews that decrease our environmental footprint.
- Our results are benchmarked in the nationwide Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program. LaundryESP® is a voluntary compliance program between the industry’s Textile Rental Services Association (TRSA) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- In 2014 Ecotex received the Rotary Environmental Leadership Award from the Rotary Club for its success as a Water Saver between 2009 through 2013.
- Learn more about our Environmental Leadership.
- We use ERA era.ca to dispose of any old computer equipment
- They repurpose and reuse the equipment and send to charities as a donation for use or dispose of in a responsible manner if it can’t be reused
- B CORP
- Carbon neutral since 2018
- Scientific garden to support regeneration
- R+D Laboratory
- Ethio Trees
- Slow food presidia
- Plastic Bank
- Sustainable salon master course
- I sustain beauty
- 1% for the planet
- Davines Village – Parma Italy
Kevin Murphy Hair
- We maintain our commitment to the environment issues that affect us. We create products with a conscience that does no harm to our environment by utilizing packaging that is recyclable or biodegradable.
- We use Sulfate free surfactants
- We use AHA’s or fruit acids derived from Papay, citrus and cane sugar
- Ocean Waste Plastic | kevinmurphy.com.au
Jane Iredale Makeup
- Always searching out new ways to minimize our environmental impact.
- Refuse: to use plastic packaging
- Reduce: our use of virgin plastic via light weighting or alternate materials
- Reuse: offer reusable products where possible
- Recycle: ensure our items are recyclable where possible
- Support organizations that help animals, women, and the environment.
- Cruelty free leaping bunny certified
- Our Story – High-Performing, Clean Beauty | jane iredale
Comfort Zone Skin Care
- being a [ Certified B Corporation™ ], we are committed to being the best for the world. In doing this, we envision a balanced approach to beauty, strive for sustainability and build relationships inspired by ethics.
- As [ skin experts ], we help the skin’s ecosystem reach its optimal balance and vitality in an ever-changing environment, what we call [ the comfort zone of the skin ].
- Following more than 20 years of [ constant research ] our laboratory now takes inspiration also from our [ Scientific Garden] and delivers high-end, clean, result-driven, sustainable skincare, combining the best of science and nature for truly enriching and [ unique experiences ].
- Our products are manufactured in our [ Davines Village] in Parma, Italy.
- Our philosophy is [ conscious skin science ].
- Our World: Skin Care and Sustainability | Comfort Zone – Comfort Zone International (comfortzoneskin.com)
Luzern Skin Care
- Primary goal is to constantly think about how we can build a company that is kind to the Earth.
- “We want our company to be around in 100 years not our packaging.”
- Planet, People and Peace Initiative
- Ethical business
- Fair trade practices
- Source ingredients sustainably
- Packing is PSC-certified and recyclable
- Products made in small batches
- Most are vegan and gluten free
- Clean Beauty – Luzern (luzernlabs.ca)
Coola SPF and Skin Care
- We are deeply commuted to improving the health and safety of out communities, waterways, and habitats through responsible ingredients
- Sourcing sustainable packaging wherever possible
- Recyclability – over 75% of our cosmetic containers are fully recyclable, goal of making our containers 100% recyclable by 2023
- Plastic reduction – reduce plastic and carbon footprint all our tubes are made with sustainably sourced sugar-cane resin
- Cruelty free
- Farm to face – sustainable farming and support local communities
- Reef friendly
- Non GMO
- COOLA® Suncare | Healthy suncare people love to wear!
- Local independent brand to BC
- Vegan – formulated without ingredients derived from animals to promote a healthy lifestyle and reduce environmental impact
- No Nasties – only all natural ingredients
- 100% biodegradable – formulated with biodegradable ingredients that break down into simple components that are harmless to the environment
- Cruelty free – test each product in our home
- Local independent brand to BC
- All our products are cruelty free! Animal testing is never ok, and we test only on willing human participants.
- Leaping Bunny certified, cruelty free company
- Use only the highest quality nontoxic and natural ingredients
- locally made in Kelowna BC
- Conscious choices in all we do including ingredients, packaging, shipping, and manufacturing.
- Straight-up natural goodness in seductive scents. (barefootvenus.com)
Soap So Co.
- Edmonton, Alberta
- We’re making artistically designed, handcrafted soaps that are sustainable, 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
Spa Rituals Nail Care
- 100% vegan
- Organic fair-trade ingredients
- Sustainable beauty brand
Our Body&Salt partnership with Guildford Mall💚
- mandatory clear landfill bound bag with proper PPE disposal
- certified compostable bags
- paper retail bags, no plastics
We have more exciting green initiatives underway in house to accelerate reducing our carbon footprint. We will share everything new with you as together, we continue to grow green!